The birth of my forth child into my hands under water at home with my husband.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Born Free (letter to Herald Sun)

Born Free Letters Sun Herald Sunday January18,2009 Sunday Life received an overwhelming response to our article on free birthing ("Born Free", December 14). Below is a sample of your correspondence. Baby talk Not all women plan a free birth for the same reasons. Initially, I wanted to avoid a tear, as I tore during my first three births in hospital. I wanted to birth my way, in water without spectators. I will free birth again - for me, it was safer. There are always risks, but as the mother I am responsible for my child and my body. My baby is now 12 weeks old and content, while I am becoming the mother I have always wanted to be. I do believe having a relaxed birth has helped me immensely.

No comments: